Problem: We are used to getting lots of analytics data for our digital projects, this helps us learn from our successes and mitigate repeating the same mistakes. With printed brochures we were less certain how people used them, what worked and what needed changing.
Solution: I ran a research project looking at how our three types of brochure user (agents, direct and internal) use the Hayes and Jarvis Worldwide brochure. I used SurveyMonkey and ran a series of focus group sessions.
Outcome: I was able to put together a list of improvements for future brochures. One involved using bit.ly links and QR codes to ease the transition from page to screen in a way that could be tracked.